The 8 hours practical exam will assess candidates’ skills in designing, deploying, operating and optimizing complex network scenarios.
The exam consists out of 2 modules. These modules are fixed in time and will be delivered in a fixed sequence.
- Module 1: Design (3 hours)
- Module 2: Deploy, Operate and Optimize (5 hours)
Automation and Network Programmability skills, as per Exam Topics, are an integral part of both modules.
Candidates will be tested on varying technologies and solutions. A progressive storyline will be created throughout the entire 8 hours lab practical exam even though both modules independent from each other. Candidates will not be able to navigate back-and-forward between modules.
Module 1: Design (3 hours)
This module measures the ability to create, analyze, validate and optimize network designs, which is the base for all deployment activities. Candidates will need to:
- Understand capabilities of different technologies, solutions and services.
- Translate customer requirements into solutions.
- Assess readiness to support proposed solutions.
The module is scenario-based, without access to any devices. Candidates will be provided with a set of documentation required to discern before answering web-based items.
Examples of documentation include email threads, high-level design, network topology diagrams, customer requirements and restrictions, etc. Examples of web-based items include Drag-and-Drop, Multiple-Choice-Single-Answer, Multiple-Choice-Multiple-Answer, Dropdown items, etc.
During this module backward navigation will be disabled. As such, candidates will not have full visibility on all questions within this module. Points value(s) associated to each item are not displayed within this module.
Module 2: Deploy, Operate and Optimize (5 hours)
In this module, candidates will be deploying, operating and optimizing network technologies and solutions.
- Deploy: Candidates will build the network according to the design specifications, customer requirements and restrictions. All steps required for a successful network implementation will be covered, including configuring, integrating and troubleshooting the commissioning of technologies and solutions, as per Exam Topics.
- Operate and Optimize: Candidates will operate and optimize network technologies and solutions. This includes monitoring network health, network performance, configure the network to improve service quality, reduce disruptions, mitigate outages, reduce operating costs, and maintain high availability, reliability, and security, as well as diagnose potential issues and adjust configurations to align to changing business goals and/or technical requirements.
This module provides a setup that is very close to an actual production network environment and will consist of both hands-on (device access) as well as web-based items. Where possible, a virtualized lab environment will be used in this module. Please refer to the equipment and software list for more detailed information.
During this module backward navigation will be enabled.
Candidates will have full visibility on all questions within this module. Points value(s) associated to each item are displayed within this module.